Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Homemade Laundry Soap

Today I thought I would post about making your own laundry soap. I found this recipe last april and I am just now finishing up the last of the soap. I decided that I wanted to try this version when I saw it over at Rainy Day Farm. I love her frugal tips. I have to say, making laundry soap has saved my little family quite a bit this last year since it costs about $13 or so to make it. It just depends on where you get your supplies- I get the everything but the washing soda at Walmart. The Washing soda I get at my local bashas. I haven't seen it anywhere else. Also I like to add in some purex color safe bleach for that extra bit of stain fighting since my kids seem to get covered in stains.
Recipe:

3 bars Fels Naptha Bar Soap - each bar is 5 1/2 oz.

(I LOVE TO USE PINK ZOTE THE BEST! USE 1~1/3 bars)

4 lbs. Borax

4 lbs. Arm & Hammer Washing Soda

4 lbs. Arm & Hammer Baking Soda

Mix and store in airtight container.

1 to 2 tablespoons per load.


**HE front loader machines, dissolve 1 to 2 tbs. of detergent to hot water to make a liquid, then add to machine.
I haven't tried putting it in water, but it should work. Check out Beehive Cottage if you need more info.


No comments:

Post a Comment