Thursday, August 20, 2009

New Projects

So for the past few days I've been preparing for a cousins baby shower on my husbands side. I'm excited to say that it's finally done. I've made several very cute bows, burp cloths and a diaper wipe case cover. I love her gift. I'm also proud to say that I upcycled one of my shirts. I really loved the shirt, but within a few days of buying it the shirt ripped. I had tried to patch the shirt, but it didn't work so I put the shirt up until I could figure it out. Well, the other day I came across some wonderful blogs from other crafty mamas. They even had tutorials on how to make their wonderful ideas. So I took the tutorial and instead of using a tank top I used my shirt and since it was a low v-neck shirt I added black fabric and lace to "cover up." I love what I did. I'm just learning to sew, so it feels really good to see a project that I made completed and ready to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment