Sunday, October 4, 2009

Minor Issues/Setbacks

I've had a few minor setbacks this week. I have been getting prepared to do a boutique at the end of this month, but was told a few days ago that I am limited in the products I can sell. I'm a little disappointed as I don't make the same exact type of products, but I do understand the reasoning used by the boutique to make their decisions. I'll be able to sell my new line of ties and diaper wipe cases. I'm very excited. I'll also be taking custom orders for Hair Bow Organizers, of which I will have several different types. So what set backs have I had other than the limitation of product sales? On Friday, I was in the process of sewing a tie when my sewing machine stopped working. I tried seeing if I just needed to oil the machine, but no such luck. It still didn't work, I tried asking my mom when the machine had been serviced last, but she couldn't remember. I called a friend to ask where to take my machine and after talking to her I decided to take it to the repair shop to find the problem. The only thing is, after talking to my friend and hearing a similar experience she had told me, I decided to see if my problem could be fixed like hers. I opened a plate up only to find that there were tons of fibers stuck in the machine. After getting it all cleaned out, I was able to get the machine to work again. I'm very grateful and excited as I was able to finish yet another tie and will hopefully be able to get several more finished in the next few days. I hope to list them soon, as well as the other products I've been working on this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment