Wednesday, March 3, 2010

St. Patty's Day Decor



This weekend I made this wreath for my front door and I'm loving it. I especially love that I spent only $3 and that was all at the dollar store. I purchased the wreath form, the green berrys and the shamrock at my local dollar tree. I planned on getting some plaid or dark green ribbon until I found an old green plaid tie in my garage sale box saturday morning. On clicked the light in my head, I brought it inside, ripped open the seams, cut off the lining and started wrapping and hot gluing it to the wreath. I then took the ribbon off of the shamrock- meant for hanging, and hot glued the shamrock to the wreath. I took the bow that had been on the shamrock and glued it to the top. I then put the berries around the wreath until I liked the wreath. I finished by throwing some white satin ribbon around the wreath and tying it in a bow to hang. I love the way it turned out. I'm so excited that I finally have something other than this sign that I made last year. The saying on the left is translated Ireland Forever.

2 comments:

  1. That turned out so cute. Gotta love Dollar Tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the wreath! Very festive and fun! Thanks for joining the party!
    Happy St. Patty's Day!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete