Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Tuesday's Tutorial- Last minute St. Patty's Day Decor

So I'm just a little bit reserved about posting this tutorial. It's because it's not the most exciting thing I've done, but it's cute and it didn't cost me ANYTHING.
Supplies:
strips of green tissue paper
green cardstock or paper
mod podge
Ink- this is optional
paint - I used gold and green acrylic paint
glass jars- I used old cleaned out baby food jars
a small shamrock cookie cutter or a template printed from the computer
Ribbon
Hot Glue
Instructions:
Apply a light coat of mod podge in sections. Apply tissue strips where the mod podge is.

Let it dry. While it's drying cut out shamrock- if you are going to ink this is where you would do it.
Apply a coat of mod podge on shamrock and place it over the dry tissue.
I then rolled my jar against my mat to make sure that it conformed to the jar. Let the mod podge dry. If you are using paint apply it to the jar after the shamrock has dried. Next add the final layer of mod podge. Lastly I applied a coat of lime green paint to the top of the jar for a bit of contrast. Now I don't have pictures, but I added a bit of gold ribbon on top of the lime green to give it a pop. I also put tea light candles inside of the jars for a bit of fun.

Sorry for the blurry pictures, I'm working on having a steadier hand, but like everything it takes practice, practice, practice!

No comments:

Post a Comment