Friday, May 7, 2010

Jewelry Organizer


So I was inspired by all the many different types of Jewelry organizers out there, but wasn't seeing quite what I wanted so I went to work. This is what I came up with. I already had the wood laying around from another project, so all I needed was the hardware and the metal. I went to Lowe's where I found the hardware and the metal grand total was about $5.00. I painted and sanded the wood before applying the hardware.


I then measured the roof flashing and cut it to size. Now my flashing was a tiny bit warped after cutting, so I took it to the garage and hammered out the kinks.


I then cut out some cute fabric about an inch bigger than the metal and glued it using E600.


After it dried I glued it to the wood.


While it was curing I glued magnets to the back of my tins and let them settle. I have to say that I love it. It holds my necklaces so they won't get tangled like before and my earrings and bracelets are separated so that's another good thing. I may decide to use something else to hold my earrings and bracelets, but for now these dollar target tins will do.
I hope you like this as much as I do.

1 comment: