Friday, May 28, 2010

Catching Up

It feels like forever a lifetime has past since my last craft post. I’ve been having a blast catching up on some crafting I haven’t really been able to do in the past month or so. I’ve been burning my fingers with the hot glue gun, but loving the outcome, so I haven’t been too concerned about my fingers. I saw a post on U Create where flowers were made out of satin fabric and fell in LOVE. I have made a ton few of them and Miss Ellie and I have been wearing them all over.
I bought Miss Ellie a skirt for $1 at Walmart the other day and needed a shirt to match, but couldn’t find anything that worked. I remembered seeing a tutorial for a tuxedo shirt at U CREATE that I knew would work. I did a few things differently like a strip of ruffles made from an old t–shirt around the edges instead of lace and I love the way it turned out. I was pleasantly surprised that the old shirt matched the skirt perfectly. I also made a rosette headband for her using some of the old shirts I used and buttons.
I then attached them to some headband elastic and I LOVE how cute Miss Ellie looks in her outfit.

Last, but not least here's a picture of my two little cuties having fun in their kiddy pool the other week! Aren't they so cute?

No comments:

Post a Comment